Tuesday, February 12, 2008

12 February 2008: Mint 3 Musketeers

This ad begins with a forward camera shot of a fairy tale book. My first memory of this tactic is in Sleeping Beauty. I always watched fairy tales with my parents or they read them to me. I remember the sound of their voices, the inflections, and feeling so incredibly safe while I was being transported to a different world. The use of 'magic' semiotics is a brilliant technique. The scene them opens with a world in green. Not only does this connote a feeling a mint, but it reminds me of ivy, growth, the environment, peace, intellect, and mist. A woman dressed in a flowy white gown with flashing lights resembles Tinker Bell from Peter Pan. Tinker Bell saves Peter Pan's life, although she is a bit of a jealous fairy. What could this jealous fairy be seeking in the forest? Bright lights connote the Star of Bethlehem. This woman must be seeking something of great value and it is lighting her way through the darkness. She finally finds what she has been seeking and it is a 3 Musketeer Mint bar that blooms from a flower. This makes me feel that this is fresh. That ad then shows the savory marshmellowy white goodness of the middle and arrests my taste memory by showing the dark still gooey chocolate center. The prose of this ad always resembles the fairy tale and it ends with a moral of the story. The overall ad then tells me that the 3 Musketeers bar may be difficult to find, but not only is it safe and delicious, but it will be unlike any other taste sensation I have yet had. I am intrigued and interested and now I want to try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUstnXO5Gpk

No comments: